tips by Adam from http://www.ifrit-fire.com/articles/9-tutor/148-clearos-51-patch-1-how-to
- To redirect domain to your server add the domain at System->webserver.
- Default domain folder will be in var/www/html, while other domain will go to var/www/virtual.
- Set your domain to A record then fill Host with the domain addres, type choose A and value fill with your ClearOS ip public.
- In some cms like Joomla that we can use apache mod rewrite in ClearOS this wont be allowed. To change it get inside your ClearOS machine directly from server using display n keyboard or putty if you plan change it from text console, more easy way was using winSCP from local network if you not used with text console. Look this file etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf, look this line “Allowoveride none” change it to “Allowoveride All”, there 2 line you must change to make it work.
- In text console you can bring up text GUI by typing console_start. It usefull for basic setting for change LAN ip addres for further setup with webgui.
- If you installed GUI when installing and what to disable it from booting up every server start for faster loading the you can change it at etc/inittab, look for this line “1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty –autologin=clearconsole tty1” just remove “–autologin=clearconsole” so it will be like this “1:2345:respawn:/sbin/mingetty tty1”.
- Change ClearOS logo and favicon :
- Replace the files in var/webconfig/htdocs/template/standar-5.1/images/, logo2.png for logo that appear in login web gui and at content block in content filter when use short or full report. favicon.ico for icon in above webgui.
- error content filter wont start
- cause = deleted user added filter group
- fix = Create new filter group name ‘testing’, then delete those new filter grup that just made, try start the service.
- Custom content filter report
- look file in etc/dansguardian-av/language then pick the language to change the html code to your liking, somehow in this ClearOS i use i can’t change the language for content filter and default was set in english.
if you want to start the iptraf simply type ‘iptraf’ (without quotes) on command line.